The aging process not only affects the facial structure but equally affects the genital area. Cosmetic Gynecology refers to techniques used towards genital rejuvenation. These procedures enhance the function and aesthetics of female genitalia, which might have been impacted by childbirth, ageing, congenital issues, or other medical reasons. The most popular cosmetic gynecology procedures are labiaplasty and vaginoplasty.
Vaginoplasty is also known as vaginal tightening procedure used to treat vaginal laxity.
Who is it for?
It is mainly indicated in women with vaginal laxity which may be due to-
- Women who have multiple pregnancies and natural childbirths.
- Women who had one or more episiotomies. It is a cut made in the perineum to facilitate vaginal delivery.
- Women who had instrument assisted ( forceps) delivery.
- Women who feel that the vagina has become too roomy.
- The walls of the vagina can be rejuvenated using different methods, depending on the severity of the condition.
- Non-surgical: A laser/ radio frequency device can be used to stimulate the collagen production in the area and reduce the size of the vaginal canal. However, the procedure requires several sessions and results can be unpredictable.
- Surgical: The procedure is done under general or spinal anesthesia, With the surgeon repairing the vaginal wall and strengthening the muscles using deep sutures. After the procedure, patients will need to take antibiotics and painkillers. Most women are able to return to work and normal activities within five days.
Benefits of Vaginoplasty surgery
- Short day-care procedure.
- Decreased or loss of sensation during intimate relation restored by the vaginoplasty.
- Decreased sexual satisfaction due to the lax vaginal introitus is regained by vaginoplasty.
- Results are permanent.
Confidentiality and utmost privacy of our clients are the prime ethics at Yuva Aesthetics, Patiala.